Thursday, November 10, 2005

Live, Wednesday night!




Brenda, my cast, and I went to see Sugarland and Brad Paisley last night. What an awesome show!

Sugarland opened and put on an energetic show. They opened up with a cover of U2's "Still Havent Found What I'm Looking For." I really like Sugarland and was so pleased with their performance (I could listen to "Hello" every day from now on) that I thought that Brad would be a let-down.

No way. He opened with "The World" and just kept going. From "Mud on the Tires" and "Alcohol" to a pretty good cover of Dire Straits' "Walk of Life" and a very funny song about "Put the Toilet Seat Down." Haha.

Something I noticed was how very much Brad Paisley resembles Jeff Gordon. I'm not a Gordon fan, so it was a touch unnerving.

It was irritating when he sat down to play acoustic guitar and the stupid drunks around me kept calling for ALCOHOL. It made it hard to hear "When I Get Where I'm Going" which is truly one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard and a song of personal meaning.

But all in all, great show. In Brenda's words "It was WONDERFUL!"

2 comments:

Denise said...

I am glad the show was good, well except for the drunks. Why are there always drunks at these things???? Instead of banning cigarettes, we ought to be banning alchohol in clubs!

clickmichelle said...

For the most part, I'm a rock and roll girl, and lord knows I've seen a few concerts. But there were more drunks at this show (at the Orlando Arena) than at shows at House of Blues. And they have a real bar there. (shrug)

The O-rena is such a crappy venue anyway. HoB, or even the St Pete Times Forum or Ford Amphitheatre are nicer places to see a show. And those places either supply a nice smoking area with video of the stage, or just plain let you smoke.