Friday, November 04, 2005

Splinted!

They were not kidding when they said "splint for 10 days." I have a plaster half-cast from fingertips almost to my elbow. It's wrapped in cottony stuff, and an Ace bandage. And I'm typing one-handed, s.l.o.w.l.y.

I have not had any percocet since last night. I'm not hurting anymore. This is good. Because I can't drink while taking narcotics, and I am about to leave on a trip that I think will require some/heavy consumption of alcoholic beverages, due to events of the last few days.

It's lousy timing to be splinted. But that may be my masochistic side talking. Why wouls I choose nastiness over a surgery that wll help my pain level in the long run? Maybe I don't feel like I'm taking my share of heat? Or that I've left a good friend in the lurch?

I'm sorry I was not there for you, friend. I'm sorry I may not be there for you in the future. I hope karma takes over soon.

1 comment:

Denise said...

hahahahahahahaha I love this post a lot. Quit whining, enjoy the drugs and/or alcohol. Your friends want that for you.