Friday, October 21, 2005

I have learned Victoria's Secret

Her secret is, if you have big boobs you can't buy a bra there.

Sure, if you have small boobs, you can buy a bra that makes you look like you have big boobs, but if you actually grew (or bought and paid for) those puppies, you are out of luck.

My favorite bra broke. Bali doesn't make that style anymore. So, God help me, I was watching TV and the ad for IPEX bras came on. They look really similar to my favorite bra that no longer adjusts for Lefty, so I says to myself, "Self, let's try VS and maybe get a couple matching sets, because you like that sort of thing."

So Self and I get to VS and check sizes, lo and behold they DO make a 38D! Self and I are happy! Then we try the thing on. There is no way in hell this bra is a 38D. I've got the right band size, but that cup is claiming to be a Venti, but it's midway between a Tall and a Grande.

How do you buy bras there? Pick your band size and the cup size you would LIKE to be?

And what on earth is with all the pink crap? Sigh, I'll try Macy's next.

1 comment:

Sneadwoman said...

Here is what I did to successfully buy a bra at VS: I found a really hot chick to measure me. Instantly, I felt better. Oh, I also went from a 38C to a 36D.

And it makes for really hot sex with the hubster, too: "honey, i had to get measured for a new bra today at Victoria's. This hot blond helped me pull off my shirt, took out a tape measure...."

:)